Just met a girl at the pub? Got her number? Should you text or call her? Many guys seem to struggle with this issue when in actuality, it doesn’t matter which you do as long as you can do it well enough. If you’re feeling uncomfortable about calling up a girl, forget about it. Text her instead. If you’re feeling really nervous even then, just remember that you’re not even dating her yet! You’re only texting her to get a feel of what she’s like.
Here are a few guidelines that should help keep you in line whenever you start texting a girl:
1. When you’re engaged in a text conversation with a girl, keep yourself occupied with something else at the same time. This will prevent you from making major mistakes such as sounding clingy or desperate since you have nothing better to do other than waiting for her texts. If you need ideas on how to text a girl you like, take a look at some of these messages. If you’re occupied with a movie, for instance, you wouldn’t be constantly checking your phone every minute to see if she has replied your messages. Plus, you wouldn’t continuously be poring over your phone wondering why she hasn’t texted you back. This will drive you crazy after a while and guys tend to do stupid things when they feel like this that will end up screwing up any chances that they might have had to develop the relationship further if they had remained calm instead.
2. Never text her back immediately. Take some time to compose your message but don’t click the send button yet. Let the girl think that you have a busy schedule or that you’re entertaining other people besides her. This will increase your perceived value considerably.
3. If the texting platform that you’re using includes a “read receipt” function, turn it off. You don’t want to let her know that you’ve already read her message but you’re taking an hour to get back to her.
4. Never send off more than 1-2 messages at the same time. If you’ve forgotten to mention something in your text, wait till she responds before you include that in your next message to her. Texting her continuously when she hasn’t replied is just embarrassing and will make you look disposable.
5. Tone down with regard to the emoticons (or flirting). Nothing’s ever more annoying than to see a reply that’s constantly filled with smileys and whatnot. This shows a guy’s inability to express himself in any other way than to act overly friendly. Also, if you try flirting with her without her showing any signs that she’s just as interested in you, things can turn bad real fast. Don’t do it unless you’re very sure she likes you too! If you want to proceed with this step, make sure you’re flirting with her the right way.
6. Don’t text the girl too much. If you’ve just texted her in the morning, at least wait till the end of the day before you try to engage in another text session with her. Texting her in the morning, afternoon, evening and night will just make you look desperate for her attention.
7. If you don’t know how to reply to her last text, just don’t. Do not be the person who sends off texts that don’t provide any value at all such as replying with a “lol” or “ic”. It just says that you suck in communication or you have trouble coming up with words.
8. End it gracefully. When the excitement is dying down a little or when you feel a little bored, end the conversation. You don’t have to wait for her to initiate it. Just let her know that you’ll text her back again the next day and excuse yourself.
Last but not least, don’t start sending her selfies, unless she specifically asks for it. I guess I don’t have to remind you that asking her to send you sexy pictures of herself is also a great way of getting your contact deleted. This should never be done unless she starts asking for these first. Then, you could proceed safely by asking her to do the same.